It’s turning out to be really cute. I have the hat knitted with the little i-cord tail on top. Love it! Next was to decide how and where to put the ears. And what do pigs’ ears look like? (No, not the ones that you feed to your dogs as treats! Real pigs ears that are still attached to the pig!) I think I managed pretty well by picking up eight stitches a bit in front of the tail and on the sides of the hat.
And for the snout?!
I couldn’t just sew on a button or a piece of felt. That feels like cheating. So, after perusing pictures of pink pigs on Pinterest (ha! actually it was Google images but that doesn’t start with a “P”) I decided that it had to be a 3-D snout and knitted up a short tube and then figured out how to make an edge and then knit a circle in the middle by decreasing just enough to make it work. Now it needs to be attached. BUT first I need a bit of black or darker pink yarn to make the nostrils and some eyes for my little piggie!
I will probably knit this pattern up a couple more times (after I write it down, that is) … as I design, I take notes about what I am doing and then tweak it as I knit again and again … and this may decide to be the first pattern that I offer for sale. Or maybe the lobster mittens. Keep your eyes on the prize … or piggy pattern!